Cast off Collective
Book : Modern Mending by Erin Lewis-Fitzgerald
In Australia, we send millions of tonnes of clothing to landfill each year, and our clothing consumption is one of the highest in the world. But the good news is that mending is trending and it’s never been easier to repair and reinvent your favourite clothes.
Modern Mending is a comprehensive guide to mending your own clothes that combines creativity and sustainability. Inside you'll find:
- step-by-step instructions for a range of mending techniques - stitching, darning, patching, needle felting and machine darning - with a troubleshooting section called "What could go wrong?" at the end of each tutorial
- a quick-fix section for buttons, snags, ladders and zippers
- 22 case studies of mended garments, with the story behind each repair and the techniques and materials used
- interviews with eight inspirational modern menders from around the world, with photographs of their work
- three amusing cat photos
- two references to the Incredible Hulk
- six cups of tea
- a zillion helpful tips
About the Author
Erin Lewis-Fitzgerald is Australia’s leading clothes-mending practitioner. Her mending has been displayed in art exhibitions in Melbourne and Adelaide and she teaches workshops across Australia.