Workshop: MASTERCLASS Crochet (4 evenings)
Running again in 2018 our popular Crochet Masterclass with Marianne from Beautiful Fierce.
This class will run over 4 evenings and is ideal for those who are looking to take their skills from novice to confident "hooker" extraordinaire! Here is the class overview (see Calendar for Week 1 dates):
- Quick recap of basic stitches/terminology/symbols - dc, treble, slip stitch, clusters, shells, popcorn
- keeping edges straight - understanding the use of turning chains, finding that 'last' stitch on each row,
- chevron pattern - covers basic increasing/decreasing
- magic loop cast on vs ring of chains
- keeping track of rounds
- Using increases and decreases to shape
- Following a schematic
- Joining techniques for motifs
- Build on pattern/ schematic reading skills
- Front post and back post stitches
- Edge treatments - we will work a variety of edges both along a finished piece and also worked separately
- Tapestry crochet & using more than one colour to create patterns/images
- Discussion about using different materials/fibres
- Tackle any questions/queries that have arisen over past weeks
Please bring to class:
Please bring along to class - This is a practical class. A full list of what to bring, topics covered and any pre-workshop "homework" required will be included in a welcome letter issued in time for you to be fully prepared for the first class.
Prerequisites: Beginner Crochet at Cast off Collective or a competent "hooker" ready to advance
Tutor : Marianne Horton of Beautiful Fierce
Marianne has a genuine passion for teaching and creating beautiful objects with simple tools and beautiful fibres.
"Making things is one of my ways to tell a story - by shaping the material at hand, I am able to give voice to the tales of everyday life. Sometimes,those materials have their own words to add and so the story can often have a twist or an ending that surprises even the author."